24 Hour Study Social Space
24 Hour Study/Social Space
We are very excited to announce that the 24 hour study/social space is now open. It is located in the Plaza building on levels 2, 3 and 4. This space will be open 24 hours a day except when the University is closed. This space is accessible through the east and west ground floor doorways of the Plaza building between the hours of 10:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m.
Parking Regulations – 24 hour Study-Social Space Parking
Please check Brock University Parking Services website for updates and map.
Overnight parking spaces for the study-social area located in the Plaza Building is located only on the first row of Zone 1 spaces on the immediate east side of Meter Road – this are will be signed for easy identification.
Brock permit holders displaying a valid permit may park in these spaces from 10 pm to 6:30 am only, at no additional charge. Brock permit holders will be required to move their cars at 6:30 am daily to their designated permit lot or off campus.
Non-permit holders must display a valid pay and display receipt in the amount of daily parking ($7), purchased that day from any of Brock’s pay and display machines or purchased earlier in the day from the D Lot Visitor Parking kiosk. Non-permit holders will be required to move their vehicles by 6:30 am daily to a pay parking lot or pay spaces to purchase more parking time, or move their vehicles off campus.
The study-social designated parking spaces revert to parking for Zone 1 permit holders at 6:30 am daily.
Vehicles parked in this area without a valid Zone 1 permit before 10 pm or after 6:30 am risk being ticketed and/or towed.
Parking prior to 10 pm or after 6:30 am must be in other permit lots (with appropriate permits) or pay areas (valid receipts) on campus.
The location of study-social spaces may change or be diverted due to weather or other Brock University operational requirements.
Brock’s overnight parking regulations remain the same. With exception of the study-social spaces designated in Zone 1 and spaces in residence parking lots M, S and QV, there is no overnight parking provided in any other location from 2am – 5am daily.
|Level 300||Mon – Fri||12:00 am To 1:00 am|
|Level 200||Mon – Fri||2:00 am To 3:00am|
|Level 400||Mon – Fri||4:00 am To 5:00 am|
Please note that during the schedule cleaning time, each level will be closed.
Safety and Security
- Access to the 24 hour study/social space after regular school hours (10:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.) is through the east and west ground floor doorways of the Plaza building. There will be no after hour access to the study area from the Taro or Cairns 300 levels.
- Students are invited to make use of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th level Plaza lounge areas for study and socialization. Enjoy the facility keeping in mind the University’s policy on providing a respectful work and learning environment. http://brocku.ca/human-rights/policies-procedures
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Security officers will regularly patrol the area and it is also monitored by surveillance cameras. Please note that 7 additional security cameras have been installed.
- There is an emergency phone on each floor near the Student Centre.
- In the event of an emergency Campus Security can be reached by calling ext. 3200 or via the emergency telephone on each level.
- Fire exits are found at both ends of all levels in the plaza building.
- We are pleased to announce that there will be some additional furniture, for the 4th floor, arriving in early October. We will let you know when it is here, so you can come and check out the new look.